The South Island Dairy Event (SIDE) was established in 1998 to provide a forum for those involved in the South Island dairy industry to evaluate and apply knowledge, skills and technology to their business.
The key drivers of SIDE are dairy farmers. The focus and delivery of all SIDE events is guided by farmer needs and on-going evaluation. The stakeholders in SIDE are: South Island dairy farmers; Lincoln University; DairyNZ Ltd; Industry (Processors, Service Industries; Agri-business).
The SIDE committee includes ten elected dairy farmers from throughout the South Island who are responsible for soliciting and contributing the views of their region on the event format and programme content. SIDE committee members are elected for a three-year term with the primary role of governance and in particular, policy and planning.
SIDE is committed to improving dairying practices and techniques through funding research projects and organising regional interactive events like Time outSIDE and one-day farmer conferences throughout the South Island. Suggested areas for research are welcomed and contact can be made through the local SIDE committee member or by contacting the SIDE Secretariat.
SIDE focuses on four main areas:
South Island focused
- Interactive workshops
- Organised by dairy farmers
- Impartial and independent
- Regional interactive events with content guided by farmers’ needs
- Learning in the field with highly regarded presenters
Research & Development
- Funding activities or initiatives which benefit South Island dairying
- Working with the South Island Dairying Development Centre (SIDDC)
- Representing South Island dairy farmers’ research needs
- Ensuring the needs of South Island dairy farmers are heard at a national level
SIDE 2016 Committee
|SIDE Chair||Robert Wilson|
|Event Committee Chair||Heidi Williams|
|West Coast||Debra Magner|
|Lincoln University||Racheal Bryant|
|Dairy Industry||Stuart Gray|
|Secretarial Support||Rosie Petrowski|
|Sponsorship Co-ordinator||Robyn Williams|
|Event Organisers||Conference & Professional Development,|
Join the SIDE committee and become actively involved in the South Island dairy industry.